snapper ZTR joystick kit

Old 07-07-09, 09:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
snapper ZTR joystick kit

Hi guys, I've run into a snag and hope maybe someone here can help.

I'm working on an older snapper ZTR mower model # Z1804K. It's a decent mower and runs good. The problem is you can barely move it anywhere. The joystick bushings are so worn out that the joystick is reaching the end of it's range of movement before it gets much of a pull on the cables. There used to be a kit available to rebuild the joystick, but it is now obsolete/unavailable from snapper. The part # is 7062303. Do any of you have this on the shelf or know someone who might? I really hate to tell this customer their mower is junk just because the joystick is worn out.

Thanks!
Cheese

Old 07-07-09, 02:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No stock of course but I did find this listing of each individual part they show as available....
Parts and Diagrams for Snapper Z6002M 60" Deck, Mid Mount ZTR Series 2

It does show the kit by the # you posted however, as a kit, unavailable so hopefully this model uses the same as yours.

Looks like you may have to knock off an Armored truck, but available I guess

Old 07-09-09, 12:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Thanks, but that's the older style and is built differently than the one I'm working on. This one has the plastic bushings and a similar but different design. Even the individual pieces are discontinued for it. Odd, since it's newer than the style you showed and yet you can still buy parts for that one. I guess they sold all the spares they had in the warehouse sooner than they expected.

Old 03-11-11, 02:24 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have 2 of these a z1802k and a z2003k and I found out that these were made for Snapper by Country Clipper and the parts you need are still available from their dealers. The pivot block (2 pieces) is a H-1992 and the Shaft is a H-1993 Here is a link to a parts diagram. Good luck. There is no kit like the 7062303 so you will have to purchase each part individually. Pepper

Mod note: Attached files not allowed on forum

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-11-11 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Link to file removed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: