john deere f525 shuts off when i release the brake

Old 04-02-11, 02:30 PM
john deere f525 shuts off when i release the brake

Starts great everytime.Release the brake to go and it shuts off , brake pushed in again and it will start,running with the brake in engage the blades and it stops also.wires and fuses are good had a lose wire but made no difference thing it was a ground but ,there is a small switch on the bottom of the brake. unplug one set of wires still starts but wont go unplug the other set and wont start. can it be that switch or another problem . TY

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-11, 05:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's the seat switch. It thinks no-one is on the seat.

Old 04-03-11, 06:20 PM
there is no seat switch im guessing they took it out a long time ago

Old 04-03-11, 06:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ok then, the wiring that went to the seat switch has a problem. Look where they bypassed it if they did, and you'll probably find the problem.

Old 04-10-11, 12:04 PM
thanks cheese

Lol thanks for your help. after looking over the wiring studying the elec diagram testing it all reconnecting the seat switch nothing,just a joke when my father asked we what that little stem off the gas tank was and i said its to blow in, well i did and apperently there is a censer for the float and it was stuck blowing twice freed it up ans ran all week just perfect ty for your help and some things are just so easy you over look them.

Old 04-10-11, 06:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad you got it running, however, there is no sensor in the fuel tank... the hose is a vent. I think you have an intermittent problem and it's coincidence that it worked after blowing air into the tank vent.

Old 04-18-11, 04:38 PM
no but

no but if the valve i blew in was clogged it would have created a vaccum and it wouldnt have got gas.