Craftsman Gasoline Weedwacker

Old 05-02-11, 12:40 PM

I have a Caftsman Gasoline Weedwacker 32cc 1.9 cu.in. 2 cycle. Model No. 358.795560. I have used this for several years without any problems, now for some reason the nut that holds the cutting head to the gearbox kit spins off whenever I start it up. The instruction manual is no help and I don't seem to be missing any parts. Any idea why this is happening and how do I fix it ?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-11, 07:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you tightening it sufficiently? Does this have some kind of aftermarket head on it? The parts diagram doesn't show a nut holding it on. I believe the nut is made into the head. Look your model up here to see if all parts are there and original: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...3167-00001.png

Old 05-03-11, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by cheese View Post
Are you tightening it sufficiently? Does this have some kind of aftermarket head on it? The parts diagram doesn't show a nut holding it on. I believe the nut is made into the head. Look your model up here to see if all parts are there and original: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...3167-00001.png
I believe I am tightening it sufficiently, it does not have any aftermarket parts on it. You are right, the nut is made into the head, the entire head spins off when I start it. Per your diagram and my manual: all parts are there and they are original. Thank You for your response.

Old 05-04-11, 12:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The only thing I can offer is that it needs to be tightened tighter. I can't think of any other reason it would do this.

Old 05-04-11, 08:57 PM
Well you were right ! I tightened it hard as I could, it works fine again. Thank you very much for your help.

Old 05-04-11, 10:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Great! Glad to help.