Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Husqvarna 350 won't start

MA

06-10-11, 02:37 AM   #1  
Husqvarna 350 won't start

Hello, I have a Husqvarna 350 - its a older model without a fuel primer bulb.

It has good enough compression - and after changing the spark plug, the spark looks great.

I try to start it up and I get nothing at all - I spray starter fluid into carb area - I still get nothing at all - I remove the sparkplug and I can still see some starter fluid "mist" in cylinder - so I know the cylinder is getting something.

I do have the compression release - its set correctly.

The only thing I can think of is even though I do have spark, maybe my timing is off.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

NH

06-22-11, 08:50 AM   #2  
must be, since you have a spark but no ignition

MA

06-22-11, 10:35 AM   #3  
Well, it turns out - I was wrong-. I play alot with lawnmowers - so my idea of good compression is not the same for a Chainsaw. On the Chainsaw I had mybe 80psi after many pulls. And after research I see around 150psi is good. I then removed my muffler and saw scoring on the piston.

I went to ebay and for $60 (shipping included) I got a piston,ring, bearing, and cyclinder head. I replaced them and it really wants to run now - I played with the low idle,fast settings to no avail - it idles, but now bogs down when you give it gas, the choke is in.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-22-11, 03:41 PM   #4  
Sounds like the carb is the problem now.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NH

06-23-11, 06:54 AM   #5  
carb or clogged air filter could be the problem

Search this Thread