Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Chain saw fuel line

MO

06-22-11, 05:58 AM   #1  
Chain saw fuel line

I have a Poulan chainsaw--about 15 years old. The fuel lines were rotten so I bought new ones--the plastic type. The primer bulb line was no problem. The line from the tank to the primer bulb has me stumped. It goes through a hole between the tank and the carb compartment. The hose being larger than the hole, a jam fit, is the only thing that seals the hole and keeps the fuel from leaking out. After going through the hole, it connects to a coupler and then another short piece connects to the weighted fuel pickup. I have been trying to get the tubing through the hole with no luck. I've tried cutting out a starter strip to get through the hole then pulling with longnose pliers but it breaks. Any help will be enormously appreciated!!

Vance

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

06-22-11, 07:20 AM   #2  
I did that op on my old Poulan a while back. I think my solution was to cut the end of the tube at a very steep angle, that way you sneak up on the snug fit as you push the tube into the seal.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-22-11, 03:48 PM   #3  
Tow Guy has the trick. _______________

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

06-22-11, 08:17 PM   #4  
are you sure you have the correct size tubing?
there are a couple different o/d sizes

MO

06-23-11, 10:48 AM   #5  
It's the right size. It has to be bigger than the hole so it will be a tight fit---that's the only thing keeping the fuel in. I cut it on a steep angle but if I cut it too long, it breaks when I pull on it. I just bought a pair of 12 inch, pistol grip, long nose pliers. I'm putting the slickest lube I have on the tubing. I'll give it another go and let you know the results.

Vance

Search this Thread