Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Walbro Rebuild

CANADA

06-24-11, 08:54 AM   #1  
Walbro Rebuild

Recently rebuilt my WT223 carb.,with the K10-WAT kit.The fuel pump diaphragm appears to be made of a different material then the original.
It looks like a mesh material,instead of thin rubber.Is this correct and will it work? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-24-11, 09:33 AM   #2  
Yep, sometimes the kit stuff looks different from what's original, but it works.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

IL

06-24-11, 10:26 AM   #3  
Cheese is exactly right. Just a few of these myself and they can be different material. Don't know why maybe the clear type is better?

MO

06-24-11, 12:43 PM   #4  
I think they went to mylar material because it holds up better to the ethanol gas. Have a good one. Geo

CANADA

06-25-11, 05:40 PM   #5  
Thanks cheese,I will give it a try.I also had to replace the primer bulb.Had it running today,but not great.The primer bulb will not stay full of fuel.It was running,but kept quitting.
I have replaced fuel lines,primer bulb,all diaphragms and gaskets and cleaned with carb cleaner. Any Ideas would be appreciated,thanks.

Non-US

06-25-11, 08:20 PM   #6  
Is this carb on a Green Weed-Eater string trimmer???

Roger

CANADA

06-26-11, 08:06 AM   #7  
Yes it is on a featherlite 18 cc type 1 string trimmer.

CANADA

06-26-11, 02:51 PM   #8  
Took the carb apart again and reset the internal needle valve and cleaned with carb cleaner.Shes alive and running very well.When I took it apart there was some dirt in the inlet screen,do not know where it came from,but must have clogged something.The primer bulb is working and everything.This will be perfect for my small yard.Oh ya this was destined for the trash bin at my sisters house,till I saved it.Spent less than $20 to rebuild. Thanks alot to CHEESE and others that offered help,very appreciated,a weedwhackin I will go.

Search this Thread