Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Mower trouble

CAL

06-25-11, 02:24 PM   #1  
Craftsman Mower trouble

I have a Craftman 917.377593 Mower and it is not starting. It worked perfect last week and this week it won't start. I replaced the air filter and the spark plug today and put in fresh gas. It will start for about three seconds after I prime it with the button on the side but won't stay started. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

MO

06-25-11, 05:37 PM   #2  
The "O" rings in the bowl have probably deteroriated and have blocked the main jet, you have two choices one it to remove the bowl dig out the old "O" rings, one behind the main jet, one at the botton of the nozzle, one at the top of the nozzle, clean everything with carb/brake parts cleaner or you can buy the whole bowl kit as an assembly for about $15, just snap the old one off, the new one on and you are done. Have a good one. Geo

CAL

06-26-11, 05:48 PM   #3  
I no longer have the owners manual, I can't seem to find one online either. I already replaced a few of the rubber lines that were deteroriated, but to no avail. Does anyone know where to find the manual so that I can find the bowl? I am a little embarest to say that I don't know where or what a bowl is, although I do have a good idea. Thanks

CAL

06-26-11, 05:53 PM   #4  
I would like to make it clear that I did get on the parts page for sears but couldn't find a break down for the engine itself. I found the break down of everything else but not the engine. Thanks again.

MO

06-27-11, 07:43 PM   #5  
Posted By: Watts_tom I would like to make it clear that I did get on the parts page for sears but couldn't find a break down for the engine itself. I found the break down of everything else but not the engine. Thanks again.
Enter the engine model number in the model number search and it will come up. Have a good one. Geo

CAL

06-28-11, 08:00 AM   #6  
Thank you, it seems so simple that I should have figured it out, but I got it now, time to take it apart. Thanks.

Search this Thread