Honda Harmony 215 Blade clutch is slipping

Old 07-05-11, 04:23 PM
Honda Harmony 215 Blade clutch is slipping

Honda Harmony 215 2 speed

I just replaced the 2 speed shift lever on the transmission.
I Had to remove the Blade brake, and pulley to get the belt off and on and get access to the top of the transmission.

Now that I have put it back together. The Blade is slow to spin up when I pull on the top handle to release the Blade Brake. It takes about 5 sec for the blade to slowly spin up. It cuts light grass fine but the Blade looses speed in heavier grass and comes to a stop.

I checked and the Blade Brake is fully disengaging and I can move the blade around easily by hand. It seems to me that it is with the cone at the top of the driven disk.

I think it may be the center bolt is not tight enough. I tightened the center bolt while holding the top of the motor. Is there a torqe spec for the center bolt ? I don't want to tighten it to hard and break it.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-11, 04:35 PM
I figured it out. I was that the bolt in the shaft was not tight enough.

I had to put a screwdriver in the gap in the fly wheel to keep it from turning and was able to tighten it all the way.

To tighten it I avoided taking the starter pull and red cover off to get to the flywheel. I could get to it right behind vertical shaft for the governor. I was able to insert a screwdriver in the gap in the flywheel.