Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi carb adjustment

AL

08-02-11, 03:52 PM   #1  
Ryobi carb adjustment

My Ryobi 2 cycle engine (30542) was has been running fine for years.
My teenage son claims it wouldn't 'stay running' for him, so he 'adjusted' the (I think) 'idle screw'.....in the rotating choke knob, there is a hole with a single phillips screw....It looks to be a 'idle' adjustment screw, since there's not two (meaning, L or H).....he turned it a number of times......and wouldn't stay running.
Usually, a shop manual will have you close the screw completely, and then 'unscrew' some certain number of times, to get you 'in the neighbor hood' of getting started.....Does anyone know where that starting point, (number of turns) is?.....
It will start, but won't idle..........
thanks!!......

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-02-11, 08:11 PM   #2  
The idle speed screw can be accessed through a hole in the black cover on the back of the trimmer. The screw in the choke knob has nothing to do with the idle. There is no "starting point", just turn it in until the idle speed is satisfactory.

Air fuel mixture screws have the starting points you're thinking of. Yours may need adjusting as well, but it could be a number of problems. The carb may need to be removed and cleaned.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread