I need help/advice ( Stihl FS45 C weedeater )

Old 08-30-11, 09:37 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I need help/advice ( Stihl FS45 C weedeater )

As the title says its a Stihl FS45C weed eater. Recently I took the carburetor off to clean with carb cleaner and inspect it for any damage. It was mostly clean, I replaced a gasket and a diaphragm, along with a new spark plug, air filter, and primer bulb. I checked the fuel lines and cleaned them, they were fine and hooked up correctly. I also set the gap on the spark plug to I believe 0.020. The fuel filter inside the tank looked fine to me, but i could be wrong about it though. The carb was assembled back on correctly with everything it needs. I also checked to make sure the plug was getting spark and it was. The fuel does make it up to the primer bulb so that's not a problem. When I go to start it the only way I can is by pulling throttle in half way, if the throttle is less then half it dies every time. I was told the adjustment screws might not be set correctly, I messed with them today but It didn't make a difference. I'm not sure what the factory adjustment is and what I need to set it to. I've been working on this on and off the last several days and need to fix it. Please someone help, and if you think it is the adjustment screws could you please explain what they need to be set on. Thank you very much.
Josh

Old 08-30-11, 03:52 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Go to the zama site and select the Service/Aftermarket tab, they have a lot of good tech info about their carbs. Have a good one. Geo

Welcome to USA Zama

Old 08-30-11, 04:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
On mine, you lock the throttle trigger in the starting position by pushing the throttle down, then you engage this little tab toward the front of the trigger, then let go of the trigger and it should stay in the proper position for starting. This is detailed on page 23 in the instruction manual for this model.

Old 08-30-11, 05:55 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Xsleeper when I seen your post I knew that wouldn't keep it from dieing. Yes that is the proper way to start it but you have to be able to let off the throttle. I tried that and still when you let off the throttle its still going to die. It must be an adjustment, that's the only thing I can think of. Geo thanks for that info I will check into that to see if I cant find good info on adjusting it. Hopefully that will fix my problem. Thanks for the reply's.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: