A new generator

Old 09-08-11, 02:48 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A new generator

Hi all
I am considering buying a new generator. Has anyone had any expierence with ETQ machines. One of the box stores is going to be runing a sale on one model of this brand. One of my problems is that I never heard of this brand before, and the engine is the same brand . I just don't know whether to take the plunge, although the store has a very fair return policy. I thank you in advance.
Sid

Old 09-08-11, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Looks like a new company. I would try to find reviews first.

Looks like they make thier own motors????

About Eastern Tools & Equipment Inc.

I read one review on one of the units about loss of compression on a brand new unit, but thats it.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eastern Tools and Equipment (EASTG17M41) 2250 Watt Portable Gasoline Generator

Mike NJ

Old 09-09-11, 01:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
It's one of the many low quality chinese generators like the ones you see at the cheap tool tent sales and at harbor freight. Don't count on reliability, service, parts availability, or warranty service. I had one of these companies contact me to do their warranty work. Seems no-one will work on their stuff. I gave it a shot, but the company was so messed up that I never got the literature I was supposed to get, I had an upset customer with a new unit waiting for it to be fixed, and the company calling me wondering why the unit wasn't fixed. They had never sent me the literature or the parts, so I couldn't fix it. I wound up telling them I will not do their warranty either. You get what you pay for, and not even that anymore.

Old 09-10-11, 02:56 PM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
fhe gen

Thanks for your timely replies Mike and Cheese. I will be staying away from the cheapo machines.
Sid

Old 09-10-11, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Not sure where this is made, but I have the older model in this version. Has not failed me in the 6 yrs I owned it. Still starts one pull. I drain and run it dry when not in use. Not sure if that helps.

I have slightly higher watts at 3250/4050.
I have briggs motor this has powermate motor...???
Mine has 20 amp twistlock, this has 30 amp.
i have 6 hp this has 7hp
I paid $239 as discontinued item at the home store many yrs ago.

Best value IMO. As long as you dont need high wattage.

I power all of the key appliances with it. Well,refridge,heat,tv,lights,ceiling fans.

Powermate 3000 Watt Portable Generator-PM0103007 at The Home Depot

Mike NJ

Old 09-18-11, 10:41 PM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I see you changed your mine about getting that generator. But were ever you get it, you need to read the fine print on there return policy. A lot of places won't take anything back, that has gas or oil put in it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: