Snowblower Stalls when clearing snow

Old 09-11-11, 04:12 PM
Snowblower Stalls when clearing snow

I have a Sears snowblower model 536886120. I have used it for a few years with no problems. Last season it seemed to stall after 10 minutes. I saw other threads with similar problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-11, 05:22 PM
I have to run mine with choke 1/4 on. Then it works fine. Try that or take it to a small engine repair. Been doing the choke thing for the past 4 -5 years.

Don't forget to strip it down some and grease what is under the sheet metal housing.

Old 09-11-11, 06:34 PM
If it runs fine for 10 minutes then shuts down, if it acts like it is running out of gas the fuel cap is not venting properly, try running it with the cap loose or off to see if that is the problem, if it shuts down as if you turned off the key, immediately check for spark, the ignition module might be failing when it gets hot. Have a good one. Geo

Old 09-11-11, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
I have to run mine with choke 1/4 on. Then it works fine. Try that or take it to a small engine repair. Been doing the choke thing for the past 4 -5 years.

Don't forget to strip it down some and grease what is under the sheet metal housing.
slacker. if you have the same model as Lqqk23 try opening the main jet screw in the bottom of the carb 1/4-1/2 turn or just remove the bowl nut and clean it, pay close attention to the tiny hole near the top. Have a good one. Geo