how much is my mower worth?

Old 09-14-11, 08:56 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
how much is my mower worth?

Need help putting a price on a mower. I would like to sell my Husqvarna HU700L. Paid $370+tax this spring. Any idea what I should be asking for? Besides normal wear and tear from one season of use, it does have a slightly squeaky belt when your engage the self-propelled part of it.
I could probably wait until the Spring and ask more but I'd rather just get rid of it instead of it taking up room in my shed. Any tips to help sell it?

Old 09-14-11, 04:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Walk behinds don't sell for much in my area. Usually you can get about half of the new price on one that is in very nice condition. Most of the rest of them seem to get around $75-$85 for nicer ones.

Old 09-14-11, 06:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Wait until next spring to sell it when people are looking for a new mower. Then put it on your local craigslist. Give a good discription and take lots of pictures. Well, four pictures

Old 09-15-11, 09:26 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I agree with Cheese, in my area, they would bring about half the cost of a new one. Tips? Clean it thoroughly from top to bottom including the wheels and under the deck, change the oil, wax it (yeah, I said wax it, appearance means a lot when selling something like this), sharpen & balance the blade and get the manuals and other paper work together to go with it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: