Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper rear engine rider steering locks

OK

09-19-11, 10:48 AM   #1  
Snapper rear engine rider steering locks

I recently purchased a Snapper rear engine rider that when turning a tight turn the steering "locks" in the direction of the turn. Any ideas how to fix. I can muscle in back to straight but it does this in either direction so it is not just one direction. Note: The mower appears to be about 7 years old.

Sponsored Links

FL

09-19-11, 12:01 PM   #2  
when it locks, do you have to muscle it just to unlock it or have to muscle it all the way back to straight? i used to have one that the steering linkage would catch on the foot rests if i turned it really tight.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-19-11, 07:06 PM   #3  
Follow the tie rods to the bracket where they bolt on under the front foot rest. This bracket is bent too far up or down. Straighten it out and the problem will be solved.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MO

09-19-11, 07:09 PM   #4  
Posted By: cheese Follow the tie rods to the bracket where they bolt on under the front foot rest. This bracket is bent too far up or down. Straighten it out and the problem will be solved.
Awwww Cheese, ya take all the fun outta stuff, lol. Have a good one. Geo

OK

09-20-11, 11:36 AM   #5  
Thanks to everyone for your help. I will try your suggestions tonight and let you know what fixed it.

Bubbasmooth

Search this Thread