Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda eb6500 generator no start help

MA

09-26-11, 03:53 PM   #1  
Honda eb6500 generator no start help

Hi,
I have a Honda EB6500 generator which used to run well, but after an extended storage, would not start. First diagnosis showed that the electric fuel shutoff solenoid at the bottom of the carb bowl was stuck, so I replaced it with a new one. I tested the new one on the battery and it works fine. But after replacement, still no start. I now have it narrowed down to no 12V on the input wires to the fuel solenoid with the key in the on or start position. I have taken the control panel off and see nothing out of the ordinary. I tested the key switch and it worked as per the schematic. I have tried disconnecting the low oil switch (pulling the yellow wire), thinking maybe that has also failed and is keeping the circuit from working, but that didn't help. Any ideas where to go from here?
Thanks, Rich

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-26-11, 04:45 PM   #2  
Trace the wire going from the switch to the shutoff solenoid and see where the problem is. If the switch is working and putting voltage to that wire, then apparently something between the switch and the solenoid is interrupting the circuit.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread