advice on purchase of used White Snow boss 550 snowblower

Old 09-27-11, 06:35 PM
advice on purchase of used White Snow boss 550 snowblower

this unit is 6-7 years old. looks like the guy took good care of it (as well as his well organized garage, house and immaculate Cadillac). I know nothing about snowblowers other than a 2 stage is better.
this is a 5.5 hp, 22 in, with a headlight. the drum looks very clean and smooth.

a friend says i should look for a Tecumseh engine. This guy thinks it is but i couldn't see anything on the engine. might anyone know?

he is asking $525. I live in the western suburbs of Philly is that affects price.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-11, 08:31 PM
You can buy a NEW one for that kind of money. It's an MTD machine, nothing particularly special about it. Go to any "box store" like Lowes or Home Depot and look at the Troy-Bilt machines and you can see the same machine with what ever few changes MTD put on them in the past 7 years. I just now checked the Lowe's site and they sell a 24" wide 2 stage Troy-Bilt snowblower for $599 plus tax, and you get a new machine with a warrantee. I'm not a big fan of MTD snowblowers, prefer Ariens or Simplicity, but I can't in good conscience recommend you buying a 6 to 7 year old machine for what a slightly larger new machine with a warrantee sells for.