Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help!! Wrong rings

NY

10-12-11, 06:19 AM   #41  
I'm about 3/4 of an hour east of Syracuse just outside of Utica in the town of Whitestown.

Sponsored Links

AR

10-12-11, 03:59 PM   #42  
Well puey thats a little further East than I know, I know where Utica is and have only been there a couple of times.
I got this engine runing today and it runs GREAT!! No smoke even,,YEAAAAAA. Went to put deck on and noticed belt has a big chunk missing,,,so same ole thing order a belt,,,DANG they like them! Well I guess this thread is closed, problem solved and once again, thanks to everyone involved here.

John

NY

10-13-11, 06:07 AM   #43  
Glad to hear the engine is good, hope you don't have the same trouble with the belt as with the engine!!!

AR

10-13-11, 06:33 AM   #44  
The belt is on the way,,,but it sure wasn't cheap, $34.00, plus freight and they also nailed me for tax. Used a company here in Arkansas in hopes to get it here sooner.

NY

10-13-11, 02:41 PM   #45  
You're paying freight to a local shop? I guess my shop bucks the kill-or-be-killed trend. So long as I don't special order a part for a customer and I place such on a regular order (with a minimum of course so I don't have to pay foolish freight charges) then I don't charge the customer any freight charge. Fuel surcharge, handling charge, shipping charge, restocking charge, wasting-my-time-charge! Whoa, come on fellas, where does it end? It's unbelievable the number of charges some places impose!!!!

CANADA

10-13-11, 04:22 PM   #46  
Is it the OEM belt or aftermarket? I've been getting aftermarket belts from A&I way cheaper, some have the OEM number on them. Think most have been PIX

AR

10-13-11, 05:57 PM   #47  
Yes it is a OEM belt,,,reason being it is in Arkansas and I was hoping to get it here in my hands sooner so I could get this job done,,,,,but of coarse that isn't happening either,,,that seems to be the coarse here lately. I'll look into the A&I.. I normally use OEI in western Arkansas but They didn't have a Toro cross oh well.

AR

10-13-11, 06:01 PM   #48  
No Puey Iam not paying frieght to a Local shop,,,,,this place that I ordrerd that belt is a Toro dealer in Western Ar and at least 3 hrs away from me. I normally use OEI for my parts but they didn't have the belt and don't even have a look up for Toro IPL. Stange yes I know but they do a pretty good job but I may have to start looking for others. I want to try to stay away from Dealers to order parts. My work is to be done on my part I know.

AR

10-13-11, 06:11 PM   #49  
Posted By: 38racing Is it the OEM belt or aftermarket? I've been getting aftermarket belts from A&I way cheaper, some have the OEM number on them. Think most have been PIX

Thank You for this information on A&I, 38racing. I have a dealer here in Searcy, AR and I will start giving them a try.

Search this Thread