A standby generator

Old 10-07-11, 03:36 PM
A standby generator

Hi all
I have another generator question. While looking for a gen. on the web, I came across a interesting site. They sell small and large, gas and diesel. Never heard of them before, but I am familiar with one of the diesel engines they use. I know just about every thing is made in China these days. I didn't know how to post a link,or anything else on a computer, so I will just type the site; Diesel Generators | Standby Generators | Home Generators
If anyone has heard anything about this Co. good or bad please let me know, because the prices seem reasonable. I was considerating a 10 KW unit, the cheaper one [diesel]. I used to work on GM diesels.
I thank you in advance.
Sid

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-11, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Never heard of them...wouldn't take the chance.

Old 10-07-11, 09:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The aroura diesel is another chinese clone. This is a chinese copy of a yanmar engine. When you look at the stats, they say the engine is a yanmar style engine. Almost makes you think it's a yanmar if you don't catch the keyword: "style". Deception if you ask me. There may be a lot of things made in china, but there are generators made elsewhere that are more dependable. Might cost a few bucks more, but you get what you pay for, and not even that sometimes, especially when it comes from china.

Old 10-09-11, 08:44 AM
thegenerator

Yeah I called the place up, and the guy sounded like a bible salesman, and I asked him a question that he should have known the answer to, and he didn't. Also on the site one model was "our most popular model", and further down the page there was a comment section, and there were no comments, so how popular was it? Nice website though.
Thanks for your help Gun guy and cheese.
Sid