Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda EB6500 Running, but NO POWER!

MN

10-15-11, 09:21 PM   #1  
Honda EB6500 Running, but NO POWER!

I picked up a Honda EB6500 off craigslist and am having problems getting power. The thing didn't run when I got it home, so I know it has sat for a long time. I cleaned the carb and it runs good, but I get no power. I have read that I may need to re-energize and I have tried to PM Airman, but he must have gotten tired of sending out the same info over and over. I have heard of the drill method, but I read that wouldn't work for this type of generator. Does anyone know the re-energizing process for these Honda generators???

Thanks,
Randy

Sponsored Links

MN

10-16-11, 11:15 AM   #2  
still no luck :(

So....I did a little bit of testing with the meter this morning. I found that with the generator running, I get about .2volts out of the thing. I tried the drill field flashing several times without success. I did find that when I would run the drill flashing I would get around 2volts on the meter. Any ideas???? Should I turn it into a go-kart motor?

Thanks,
Randy

Search this Thread