Troy Bilt Snowblower, model 42050 - will not Elerctric Start

Old 10-31-11, 02:16 PM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Troy Bilt Snowblower, model 42050 - will not Elerctric Start

Hi
I have "Troy Bilt Snowblower, model 42050 - 7.5 hp" and it will not "Electric" start anymore. First Time when I push button to start I see it attempts to start fully and after that it cannot give any power to start and then it stops making any sound to start. What could be the issue and how can i correct it ?

I can use pull start to start and it works fine but Electric start is the issue.

Thanks

Old 11-01-11, 10:00 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You need to remove the starter motor from the engine and give it an inspection starting with the Bendix gear then moving on to the button box and then the end-cap and then the armature & housing. What engine make, model, spec/type, and serial/code do you have? Engine ID numbers will be on the engine blower (flywheel) shroud.

Old 11-01-11, 04:15 PM
M
I have below starter motor in link shown. Model Number is TECUMSEH STARTER 37000

http://www.amazon.com/TECUMSEH-REPLA.../dp/B002SJZQBO

Please let me know how can i fix it.

Do you think motor went bad ?. Do I have to do get it rewired or buy new ?. it is $90...I would not rather spend it if it can be fixed. Also, I can start with Pull start so not sure if $90 is justified to put new one...

Thanks in Advance.

Old 11-02-11, 10:08 AM
First, for $90 you are not getting a Tecumseh starter, it must be aftermarket, and I would not recommend buying one such; they don't last well at all. FYI, a Tecumseh replacement starter will be part number 33329E (maybe "F") and is about $200. As far as being able to fix what you have; no one can know this without inspecting and diagnosing it first-hand. Pull start only is looking pretty good isn't it? But, again, it would be nice to properly diagnose yours.

Old 11-03-11, 06:14 AM
M
Thanks..I will unscrew the motor and try to put WD40 in gear and see how it goes. I am hoping motor did not burned down. I saw couple of video on youtube on how and where to add WD40 which can put motor back in business. Let's see if that works.

My Pull start works really great but I am afraid what if in middle of winter decide me to give a hard time..

Old 11-03-11, 09:58 AM
The starter you have is installed only on factory engines (it is the cheap version of the 33329E) and has a sintered metal gear that is notorious for shearing the teeth. I don't think this is your problem but have a look once you remove the starter from the engine.

Old 11-04-11, 04:31 PM
M
Finally I have removed Starter Motor from Snow Blower. Then Pulled out the Front Pully part and Sprayed WD40. Tried to start motor and it ran for 30 second and then stopped. After that It will not start at all. if I start again after couple of hours, it will again run for 30 second and it will stop.

Please let me know what could be the issue. Is my Starter Motor is shot ?. What are my option without replacing it ?.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: