1968 Ariens 4.5HP Snowblower Part Deux

Old 01-08-01, 01:20 PM
JohnDoeFB
Visiting Guest
Talking

Well, thanks to the advice I received in this here forum, my snowblower will be re-incarnated :-)
I contacted Ariens and they told me that the part numbers I had are all still "legit", they just added some zero's on. I also found a larger repair shop a little further away that is ordering the belts I needed,($12.00 ea ) and can get virtually anything else I need. (and they also didn't think it was a big deal, they had someone in before me who needed parts for a 1965!) So, again my thanks to everyone here for the advice and encouragement.

John

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-01, 05:28 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sure, that's a snap for them. Not much changes on small engines.

In the future, you can try Napa and a good parts store for the carburetor items. They can typically order them.

As for belts, Gates (www.gates.com)and Dayco (www.markivauto.com) should have have an interchange for both. Just give them the model # or some numbers off the old belt. Then, bring that number to a parts store and have them order it. Should be less than 12 bucks each .

It is nice to hear you got a small engine shop that is willing to work with you. When you have the item # or the pertinent information handy, you make their life easier too.

Glad to hear we could help.

Search this Thread