Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda HRS2164PDC Lawnmower

CANADA

11-14-11, 06:38 PM   #1  
Honda HRS2164PDC Lawnmower

Hello,

I am trying to change the oil on tihs mower. I dont see a drain plug under the deck like normal. o o. I read a forum that i have to drain the carb and lift it up and draion the oil somewhere else?

Are you serious?

Where is the drain plug for this machine?

I cannot find the manual online anywhere.

If you can help this would be great.

Model hrs2164pdc
serial hzbz-6400781

Thank you

Craig

Sponsored Links

IL

11-16-11, 07:13 AM   #2  
Drain oil with help of a suction pump

Hi, I see no one has offered any help so I'll put my 2 cents worth in. I have an oil changing suction pump from Lowes (about 30 bucks) and it's a life saver.I have the same issue on a push mower.I put the whole mower on a work bench put the hose in the oil filler and give the suction pump a few a pumps and the oil just flow out. No mess at all.
Hope this helps.LiquiVac Small Engine Oil Changing System part no.141690

MO

11-16-11, 09:12 AM   #3  
My Honda uses the same hole to fill or drain, just tip it over and dump the oil into something, they probably save a whole $0.05 by not putting in a drain. Have a good one. Geo

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-16-11, 09:35 AM   #4  
If you tip it, just pull the air filter out first so that it doesn't get soaked with gas from the carburetor. No need to drain the carb.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MO

11-16-11, 04:37 PM   #5  
Posted By: cheese If you tip it, just pull the air filter out first so that it doesn't get soaked with gas from the carburetor. No need to drain the carb.
The oil filler is on the other side so no need to remove the air filter. Have a good one. Geo

CANADA

11-27-11, 06:20 AM   #6  
Thank you everyone. Tipped it on its side and drained it. Not so bad. Could have been much more messy. Thank you.

Search this Thread