Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stihl SH 85C Loses Power

NJ

11-21-11, 09:25 AM   #1  
Stihl SH 85C Loses Power

I have a four-year-old Stihl SH 85C blower that has developed a problem the last three times I have used it. After running at full power for about 10 minutes, the engine speed slowly decreases until it barely runs. If I shut it down and let it cool off for about 5-10 minutes, it starts right up and will run fine for another 10 minutes or so until the problem repeats.

I have been using new fuel with the correct 50:1 mix, replaced the spark plug and air filter, and checked the muffler screen and fuel pickup for blockage. Everything seems normal, so I am wondering what could be causing this. Like I said, it runs perfectly for about 10 minutes and then starts to die for no apparent reason.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-21-11, 06:14 PM   #2  
Next time it starts to die out, try loosening the gas cap. If the tank vent isn't letting air in to displace the volume of fuel used, it will develop a vacuum in the tank and keep it from running well.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread