Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

best way to remove engine pulley

SC

11-26-11, 07:08 AM   #1  
best way to remove engine pulley

switching engines on a rider mower. shaft pulley has to be removed to lift engine from chassis, but it is stuck fast. Is there a special puller that is made for this purpose?

Sponsored Links

Non-US

11-26-11, 11:24 AM   #2  
Posted By: gardener321 switching engines on a rider mower. shaft pulley has to be removed to lift engine from chassis, but it is stuck fast. Is there a special puller that is made for this purpose?
Hello,
I once saw a video about this issue where the person using a 2 bolt (beam type)gear puller. He drilled two holes in his pulley ( 180 degrees from each other) and attached the two puller bolts with nuts to the pulley. Then he added a bolt down into the center as an extension on the crankshaft to "push" against with the puller's center bolt. He drilled a small divot in the center bolts head to keep the puller on center. Seemed to work fine for him. I hope i have explained clear enough for you to visualize. I hope this helps!

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

11-27-11, 09:27 AM   #3  
What engine on what mower?

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Search this Thread