Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda Pressure Washer wont stay running

FL

11-30-11, 11:07 AM   #1  
Honda Pressure Washer wont stay running

I own a Honda GRX160 pressure washer that i use for detailing vehicles. I have owned it for five years. The other day I attempted to use it. It cranked and ran for about 10 seconds then stopped. I started it again and the same thing happened. After several unsuccessful attempts it doesn't start until i wait for about 3 minutes. It cranks and stops after 10 seconds. What is the issue with this machine please? Help: wall:

Sponsored Links

IL

11-30-11, 01:25 PM   #2  
it sounds as if you have a constriction or a blockage in the fuel line or delivery system.I would pull the carburetor and give it a thorough cleaning also.Could also be as simple as a clogged fuel filter.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-30-11, 03:34 PM   #3  
Make sure the oil is topped up. When the oil gets right at the level where it can't decide to shut off or not, they act this way.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

FL

12-01-11, 10:24 AM   #4  
Thank you.Very useful information. I checked and cleaned carburetor. Did not check fuel line or fuel filter. I will do that next.
Thanks

Search this Thread