Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Simplicity Conquest 1693971, mower won’t continue running

IN

12-03-11, 07:22 AM   #1  
Simplicity Conquest 1693971, mower won’t continue running

I put the mower away for the season (after treating the gas, changing oil and greasing) when another small job came up. The mower started great and ran strong, but when I released the brake it died. Several tries with the same results. I then disconnected the brake relay switch and taped it down. The mower started, continued to run after releasing the brake and I was able to drive the mower from the shed to the shop. When I tried to engage the blades the mower died. I then by-passed the seat relay in the shop to see if it would make a difference, but no difference.
Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a relay to the fuel pump that might be faulty and giving these behaviors?
I am going out of town for the week. Hope someone has a clue.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

KS

12-03-11, 09:39 AM   #2  
The symptoms indicate to me a faulty seat switch (operator present) I am not familiar with Simplicity, but some circuits are such to prevent simply bypassing the operator present switch.

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

IN

12-11-11, 07:21 AM   #3  
I had already bypassed the seat switch. Anyone? It is a mystery to me.

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

12-11-11, 09:22 AM   #4  
Posted By: BFHFixit The symptoms indicate to me a faulty seat switch (operator present) I am not familiar with Simplicity, but some circuits are such to prevent simply bypassing the operator present switch.
You may not be able to .

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-11-11, 10:24 AM   #5  
Posted By: BFHFixit You may not be able to .
Agreed.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread