Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

lawn mower

IL

12-03-11, 07:58 AM   #1  
lawn mower

i am starting my search for a lawn mower. and this is the time of the year to buy one.

what do ya think of this one ? and i am in no hurry.
Big Brawny Toro 5.5HP Self Propelled Recycler Lawn Mower

thanx

Sponsored Links
Super Moderator

NJ

12-03-11, 10:54 AM   #2  
Yeah looks good. Neutral ? ( Clutch blade engage? ) and rear wheel drive!!! I would buy it in a second.

But hey this looks good. I would go look and see.

Sears Riding Mower Pull Start

Although I would shoot this guy an offer and scoop up one of these.

Honda Mower 's Hrx217hxa , Hrx217vka

And this...

Late Model Craftsman Rear Bagger 42 Inch

LOL.... That site makes you want to buy stuff you dont need. Anothers junk is anothers treasure.....

Mike NJ

IL

12-04-11, 07:44 AM   #3  
cool, i think i will check it out.

i can't have a rider = not enough storage space for it. and i doubt i will have a yard large enough to need one.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

12-04-11, 09:51 AM   #4  
I'd be tempted to wait until you found your new home. That way you'll have a better idea of what you need

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Super Moderator

AZ

12-04-11, 10:29 AM   #5  
Uhh ohh...here it comes...everyone likes there own kind of stuff.

I've never bought a full price mower...but I've also never bought "used" (ok...maybe private party would be a better term). You just don't know how they have been taken care of.

I go to places and look for last years model, or factory/dealer repaired with a warranty, or dealer shops for machines that were never paid for and picked up. Most shops will give you a warranty on a used machine...very few private owners would.

Personally I like big rear wheel with front wheel drive, but that depends on the lawn.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

IL

12-04-11, 11:33 AM   #6  
Posted By: marksr I'd be tempted to wait until you found your new home. That way you'll have a better idea of what you need
i was thinking that. but i have yet to look at a place that has a large yard.

IL

12-04-11, 11:37 AM   #7  
Posted By: Gunguy45 You just don't know how they have been taken care of.

I go to places and look for last years model, or factory/dealer repaired with a warranty, or dealer shops for machines that were never paid for and picked up. Most shops will give you a warranty on a used machine...very few private owners would.
sure. but if it works well on the spot. getting it home and doing some maintenance should make it last. its a gamble, sure. but isn't life.

i don't know about doing all that. i could spend weeks driving around and still come off with nothing. but thanx for the tip.

Search this Thread