Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Dixon Kodiak ZTR 60" Electrical problem??

Non-US

12-28-11, 06:02 PM   #1  
Dixon Kodiak ZTR 60" Electrical problem??

Hi,
Am hoping someone has advice for me. This problem started with a flat battery which has now been recharged and the mower now starts but when you bring the handles in it cuts out. My husband thought it was the switch that is actioned by the hand brake, but that seems to be functioning adequately. I need to get some advice before he pulls the whole thing apart! He is pretty handy but as it in inbetween Xmas and new year all the dealers are closed and he is getting impatient! The grass is growing! I greartly appreciate any ideas.
Cheers Susie

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-28-11, 06:03 PM   #2  
Sounds like the seat switch isn't working properly.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Non-US

12-28-11, 06:08 PM   #3  
That was my suggestion but he said, the seat switch is only relevant if the blades are going??

Non-US

12-28-11, 07:21 PM   #4  
Hi again,
Can you elaborate at all re the seat switch?
Thanks

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-29-11, 12:05 AM   #5  
No, the seat switch shuts it off if no-one is on the seat if the handles are brought in without anyone on the seat OR if the blades are turned on with no-one on the seat. If the blades come on with no problem, then I suspect the park brake switch, as you also suspect. How has it been determined to be functioning properly?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread