Poulan chainsaw issues

Old 12-29-11, 06:55 AM
Poulan chainsaw issues

I have a 8yr old poulan 2150, it runs but after running for 5 minutes while cutting the saw starts to cut out, it will restart i just can't keep it running (while cutting)... i did adjust during summer (H/L) and it ran fine but now that the temperature up here in NE drop below 45 degrees it's giving me problems again....

Any ideas...??

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-11, 09:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Could be a number of things. If backing out the H screw a little doesn't help, check the gas cap vent. It could be blocked. There could also be problems like a cracked fuel line, primer bulb, carb restrictions, or air leak in the case.

Old 02-29-12, 11:00 AM
I have the same problem described by "soccer34". I replaced the fuel lines, as they disintegrated, and verified they are correct. After I replaced the lines the tank became pressurized after pressing the primer a few times but that has since stopped. If I remove the plug and squirt starting fluid into the cavity the saw will run briefly and then stop. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tom

Old 02-29-12, 05:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does the primer fill with fuel? Are you sure you connected the lines properly and none are kinked or pinched closed?

Old 03-01-12, 05:04 AM
Yes, I have rechecked and the fuel lines and they are correct.
I read a post where someone mentioned they were getting too much gas and it was causing it to flood.
I checked and the lines are not crimped or pinched.

Thanks, Tom

Old 03-01-12, 06:38 AM
Group Moderator
You mention seeing a post about flooding. Do you think your saw is flooding? If so what is it doing?