Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Bilt Snowblower 26" Storm 2620 smoking

NJ

12-31-11, 09:37 AM   #1  
Troy Bilt Snowblower 26" Storm 2620 smoking

Hi, I have a Troy Bilt 26" Storm 2620 with a DHV 280cc engine. I used it one season last year. Tried starting it a month ago and it smokes white smoke real bad then dies. I never drained the gas, not sure if that is it but I almost never have drained gas in any of my equipment. It has oil. Honestly I have had bad luck with TB products bought at Lowes.

Think draining gas and putting fresh in will help? Used in two snow storms, that's it. And I've been around engines quite a while.

Sponsored Links

MO

12-31-11, 05:44 PM   #2  
If it is blowing white/blue smoke it is oil, so, it it over full, did you tilt it so the carb was down or the spark plug down, if any of those ? are true other than over full, let it run it will clear up. Have a good one. Geo

WI

01-01-12, 09:16 AM   #3  
Old gas

If you did not drain the winter fuel from last year, you were lucky you got it to run. If you drain the old fuel and put in fresh, the smoke should cease quickly.

NJ

01-01-12, 12:12 PM   #4  
Okay, I drained some oil from the rear oil drain thinking maybe I overfilled (but it worked last winter perfectly). Took a wife of the oil and it sells like it has gas in it. So what you think now, blown rings maybe? I know when i started it in the summer it made a loud noise while starting and then smoke. I do know there is a 2 year warranty so I know it's covered. Just would not be able to find the receipt though.

WI

01-02-12, 05:43 AM   #5  
If you smell gas then change the oil. Your carb must have flooded over the summer and the gas went into the oil. Fresh oil and with fresh gas run it and see if the smoke quits.

NJ

01-07-12, 02:16 PM   #6  
Camino Kid,
Drained oil and gas, put in fresh oil and gas. Added a capful of Stabil. Started it up and it smoked for a couple minutes then stopped and it kept running. Tried starting it later and all is well.

Thanks!

Search this Thread