Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda 1132 snowblower

AK

01-12-12, 10:04 PM   #1  
Honda 1132 snowblower

My auger control lever will not lock down anymore while the track lever is engaged. Does anyone know what locks that lever in place or what I should look for?

Sponsored Links

CANADA

12-29-12, 03:54 AM   #2  
Auger will not lock down when track is on.
My Honda 1132 has the same issue from time to time. We're you able to find the problem?

Non-US

01-19-13, 06:12 AM   #3  
Got the same problem....

Any ideas? Just stopped working for me this morning- nothing seems to be broken or missing!

NH

01-23-13, 09:58 AM   #4  
Same here. Just happened about 5 days ago. I called Honda and the guy didn't have a clue but told me I could bring it in to a service dealer...or buy a repair manual. Fairly pathetic. SEriously, he had no advice whatsoever. He didn't know how the mechanism worked. He acted as if he didn't even know anything. Very dissappointing.

On a positive note: Ive used it to move at least 1,000,000 tons of snow with no problems other than wrapping a rope into the auger (my fault). This is a first. I don't know or can't see how the mechanism works.

Any help would be appreciated.

Non-US

01-23-13, 04:02 PM   #5  
Good News

Went to my local dealer ( where I purchased my blower) and spoke with the service dept. The guy was really helpful and knew what i was talking about right away. Here's what it is on my blower 9/28, and im guessin its the same on most of them: On the auger lever side ( right side) on the lower side there is a plastic case which covers a shaft and a few mechanisms. Underneath there it freezes up. The guy told me to use a hair dryer or heat gun to WARM up under the case. if you look up from the bottom you can see inside the case. DONT use anything to hot to melt or burn plastic. Then to prevent it from freezing use a spray lube. He said that it may freeze over again before next use, just repeat process.

This morning when i went to use it ( first time since talking to dealer) it was would not work. Tried this process and BOOM away i went. lasted for the 2 hours of snowblowing i had to do.

Hope this helps. Sorry if its horribly written and confusing.

Attached is a part list diagram. circled is the cover and mechanism.

Attached Images

NH

01-23-13, 08:43 PM   #6  
Yes sir...i found this earlier today. It's just a hook on a spring that moves back end forth on a cam. It was funked up or partially frozen. Funny this has never happened before.. All good now.

Search this Thread