Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Snow Blower Issue

MI

01-14-12, 11:56 AM   #1  
Craftsman Snow Blower Issue

Last night I started my snow blower for the first time this season with the electric start, when I unplugged it the snow blower stopped. Restarted and again when I unplugged the blower stopped. After that the blower wouldn't restart so tried to use recoil and it was locked. This morning I took recoil off machine and tested, cord works fine, so it must be something with the engine. Oil was just changed and checked before starting. Can someone please give me some suggestions on what to do next?

Sponsored Links

MO

01-14-12, 03:39 PM   #2  
Post the model of the blower along with the mfg and model for the engine as a place to start. Have a good one. Geo

MI

01-15-12, 11:24 AM   #3  
It's a Craftsman, Model # is 536.887992.

NY

01-16-12, 07:06 AM   #4  
The Craftsman

Check if the starter is locked on to the flywheel and possibly seized. There might be a little inspection cover on the flywheel shroud near the starter bendex.
Sid

MI

01-17-12, 10:42 AM   #5  
First I took the recoil off the machine and it pulls nice and easy while not connected to the blower, put it back on and it still won't pull while connected. Then I took the electric starter off the machine thinking that might be the problem, but recoil still is locked and won't pull.

NY

01-17-12, 02:14 PM   #6  
The blower

Try to rorate the engine by hand, ethier by the flywheel, or the pulley on the other end. Maybe take the spark plug out and see if that makes a difference. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.
Sid

Search this Thread