Kohler CV15S

Old 01-21-12, 11:14 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kohler CV15S

I am getting ready to rebuild my old craftsman 15 hp lawn tractor. I have been looking all over the internet and can not find a rebuild kit for my engine. It is a Kohler model # CV15S Family: SKH426U1G2RB

Old 01-21-12, 07:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I don't think there is a "rebuild kit". You can get a gasket set, then whatever other parts you need. You'll probably need something thats the kit doesn't come with anyway, so I guess that's why kits aren't so popular anymore. I rarely see a kohler single cylinder CV series that needs rebuilding. They last forever it seems. I do suggest replacing the governor gear while you have it open, regardless of what it looks like. That is the one internal part I see fail the most, and that is rare.

Old 01-21-12, 08:48 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Oh this thing is a trooper!! It has been mowing for over 15 years and has logged hundreds and hundreds of hours.

The engine is just a little worn out. I wanted to go through and replace the valve springs, head gasket, rings, all gaskets, give the carb a good cleaning and re seat the valves. I did not think about the governor but I will definitely swap that out as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: