Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Bilt Deck Belt too loose

SC

01-23-12, 11:11 AM   #1  
Troy Bilt Deck Belt too loose

I have a troy Bilt riding lawn mower # 13ax78ks/13wx78 ks, 2010. I replaced the spindles, blades and belt. The belt number is 954-04060b and spindle # are 918-04822a. The belt seems loose in disengaged mode, but like it should, when I engage the pto lever the belt tightens. The belt is too loose when not engaged and would fall off if mower was running. what did I do wrong or how do you tighten the belt? It is routed correctly.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

01-23-12, 02:21 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! There are keeper brackets (probably "u" shaped that keep the belt in line with the pulleys. Did you remove any of them and forget to replace them, or put them on upside down? With the unit disengaged the belt will become loose normally. Too loose and it will fall off without the keepers. Proper routing is essential, and we don't know how you routed it. Make sure it is routed properly around the spring tensioner pulley.

SC

01-23-12, 03:14 PM   #3  
The keeper brackets are in place. I have checked several routing diagrams and believe I have it correct. When the spring tension pulley is only partially disengage the belt tension is good and the pulley breaks are engaged, but the spring loaded pulley will continue to move to a stop or peg position when I continue to move the pto handle to the complete disengage position. It is as if the cable has stretched or the spring on the cable is not connected to the correct location on the spring tension pulley.

Search this Thread