Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel filter for Briggs and Stratton Generator

MA

02-01-12, 06:09 PM   #1  
Fuel filter for Briggs and Stratton Generator

I picked up a new Briggs and Statton 8000 watt 10000 peak generator and after running the gas out i noticed that there are specks in the bottom of the gas tank. (from production i guess as the gas I put in was clean).

How well of a job does the fuel screen in the petcock on these things do? Will it filter out what I am seeing and I can just clean the screen out when it gums up. I rather not take the tank off and take apart the petcock of a brank new generator to flush the tank.

Also would it be wise to add another inline fuel filter after the petcock? If so what kind would I need? I installed one of those clean plastic with paper on the inside on a snowblower and it would starve the gravity fed carb. This one is also gravity fed and is a pretty large motor (420cc) which one would I need?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-01-12, 06:47 PM   #2  
The screen should catch most everything. The inline filters that briggs uses are also just screens. You can use a regular generic pleated paper filter if you want. If you have one starving your snowblower, it may be too fine of a filter or it is restricted for some reason.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread