Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Worn out pinion shaft and bushing Sears Cement mixer.

MI

02-07-12, 12:26 PM   #1  
Worn out pinion shaft and bushing Sears Cement mixer.

I have a small Sears Concrete Mixer and I need a pinion drive gear plus the bushing where this drive gear mounts. The bushing is 1 5/8" in diameter and is 3/4" thick. It has a 3/4" hole centered to accomodate the mixer shaft.

Sears has the parts breakdown on their internet site but I learned from the assitance people the manufacturing Company has no more parts and they are out of business. Sears does not have any inventory.

The bushing is easy to get made locally but the pinion gear might be another story. The Sears # for the mixer is 713.7570. Does anybody know of a source in case one is needed. I might be able to get along with just replacing the bushing and I suppose this pinion shaft could be repaired by building up weld over the worn spot and turning the shaft back down on a lathe.

Any suggestions on parts source would be appreciated.

bs5

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

02-07-12, 04:12 PM   #2  
Try checking industrial sources like Enco or MSC (both the same company now but Enco usually has cheaper prices but a smaller selection) for a generic gear. Hopefully it is a simple straight tooth. They can often be found without the hub bored or may have simple 1/2" or 3/4" bore that can be opened up to fit your bushing.

MI

02-07-12, 06:27 PM   #3  
Thanks Pilot Dane. I did not know either supplier existed. Unfortunately, they had no pinion gear. Well, It's looking as if the bushing alone will have to fix up the old mixer. Perhaps it will. The old thing is not worth too much anyway.

Thanks again.

bs5

AR

02-07-12, 09:23 PM   #4  
You might try E-Bay. Sometimes its worth a shot.

Group Moderator

NC

02-08-12, 05:05 AM   #5  
Can you post a picture of your pinion gear?

MI

02-08-12, 05:19 AM   #6  
I will keep track of EBAY too mowerdude, thanks. They also tell me a good machine shop can weld up the worn area on the shaft and turn it back to 3/4" on a lathe. But this old girl even suffers a worn gear. I have had mixers before and have worn out my share of pinions, but when they went bad we just got a new one including the bushing and replaced the darn thing. Sears marketed these cheaper mixers and they could have been built by any number of different company's over the years. I think with the replacement of the bushing alone will get us down the road in pretty good shape.

bs5

MI

02-08-12, 05:24 AM   #7  
Posted By: Pilot Dane Can you post a picture of your pinion gear?
=====

Yes I can Pilot Dane. Just as soon as I get into this and figure out how. I'll check for some of your old posts. I believe you have posted a link for that that I always meant to run down.

MI

02-08-12, 02:41 PM   #8  
experimenting wioth uploading a picture

The shaft on this pinion is standard 3/4 bar from gear to end of shaft and is 8" long including gear. Notice wear (elongated hole) in round bushing below pinion.

bs5

Search this Thread