Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Walbro wt141a carb question

PA

02-11-12, 03:43 PM   #1  
Walbro wt141a carb question

I have an old craftsman leaf blower with the above carb that only runs with nearly full choke. It has been almost this bad since new. I cleaned the carb and it actually runs fine but I want to solve this situation once and for all. My question is how do I adjust the carb since it has only one screw that has a plastic cover that limits the adjustment to about a quarter turn. I assume pollution control? There are no high or low screws. Must I live with what I got or can I bend the metal lip that limits the one screws adjustment and improve anything? Just one of those things that drive me crazy. Thank you.

Sponsored Links

MO

02-11-12, 08:15 PM   #2  
First, go to the walbro site and check under the service/aftermarket tab for some great info about their carbs, the retainer is a EPA thing, pull it off or trim the stop(i didn't say that), late night, poor movie, great .....whatever. Have a good one. Geo
Welcome to walbro.com

PA

02-12-12, 03:38 AM   #3  
Thanks Geo. the service manual brought a lot of ideals to the table and rookie confusion. I will find a "way" to adjust the single screw on the carb but I'm not optimistic it will be enough to be able to open the choke. When I say it runs fine with the choke almost closed, I really mean almost closed. It is so critical a little to much open or closed it will not run. From reading the service manual my other thought is to adjust the metering lever. Don't know if I want go that far without the proper tools.

Maybe someone has some other thoughts? Thanks in advance.

PA

02-12-12, 07:58 AM   #4  
Update- I was able to adjust the single screw beyond its original intent and solve the problem. As I richened the screw (outward) I was able to continually open the choke. I was amazed. I did give it an off and on good test over a few hours and all went well. Hopefully the next time I need to use it my problem will not resurface.

Thanks again Geo.

MO

02-12-12, 09:32 AM   #5  
Success is a wonderful sound. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread