Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tiller Won't Start

AZ

02-19-12, 06:08 AM   #1  
Tiller Won't Start

Hi, I have a Honda FR700 tiller here that was running fine in the summer (started on one pull). It wasn't prepped for the winter (dumb, I know) but I am in Toronto, Canada and this winter hasn't been that bad.

Yesterday was pretty mild and I was doing work in the garage, so I thought I would see if it would start up. I noticed that the pull wasn't as easy as it was before when it started.

What should I do to get it started? Should I do the maintenance now that should have been done at the end of summer? Or just wait until the spring when it warms up?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

OH

02-19-12, 10:16 AM   #2  
Well, you could start with the basics. Clean and gap the spark plug; change the oil; remove drain plug from bottom of carb and drain any floating sludge. Drain gas tank (if possible) and add new fuel.

You could also try a spray starting fluid and add a carb cleaner to the gas. You may have to remove and clean the carb if the above suggestions don't help.

Woody

You can trust your car - and a whole lot more - to the man who wears a star.

Search this Thread