Looking for replacement for obsolete Tecumseh Carb

Old 11-03-11, 06:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Looking for replacement for obsolete Tecumseh Carb

Hi, I'm looking for a replacement or similar carb for the Tecumseh 632524. It is from a TVS120-63111F off of an old Ariens 911016 mower from the 80's.

I've rebuilt it a few times but it is just worn out.

This had the remote primer on the top engine cover, because the way the engine was situated the carburetor was at the back of the mower, right infront of the rear wheel drive system.

Are there any tecumseh carbs out there that would work for this application? Thanks

EDIT: Just for fun, I decided to put it into sears' parts site, and it came up with a subsitution of the 632795A carb. This has a primer built in, unlike mine, and this substitution only shows up on sear's site, no where else on the internet or in my dealer books.

Old 11-04-11, 06:32 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Even with little clearance between the carb and the drive train you should still be able to access the primer bulb on a carb-mounted primer carb. Give the one from Sears a try. Otherwise, a boneyard would be my advise.

Old 11-07-11, 11:22 PM
I don't think the sears one will work. The 632524 has an adjustable needle on the bottom, whereas mine just has the fixed main jet as the float bowl bolt.

Old 11-16-11, 03:17 PM
Yea, it won't work. The Ariens drive system cover interferes where the primer bulb would be. Would be impossible to start the mower without removing the transmission cover all the time.

I'm going to try and rebuild this one again. We have a new ultrasonic cleaner at work that I'll try using this time.

Old 03-16-12, 08:43 AM
P
I am having the same problem you said you were going to try to rebuild again what kit are you useing if any ? I have cleaned the carb it was a mess and reassembled the engine. It will start if I put gas into the air cleaner throat but won't keep running . I have installed both fuel and primer lines new also

Old 03-16-12, 10:24 AM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by papashop
I am having the same problem you said you were going to try to rebuild again what kit are you useing if any ? I have cleaned the carb it was a mess and reassembled the engine. It will start if I put gas into the air cleaner throat but won't keep running . I have installed both fuel and primer lines new also
Check the bowl nut(mainJet) it has several hole in it, the tiny one near the top thread is usually the problem, I clean it with the wire from a twist tie. Have a good one. Geo

Old 03-17-12, 07:49 AM
P
Thanks I will give that a try

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: