Help! New lawn mower troubles!!!

Old 03-24-12, 02:29 PM
Exclamation Help! New lawn mower troubles!!!

I bought a new Murray push lawn mower yesterday. Today I was able to use it for 10 mins before it died. When I tried to restart it gas spewed out of the gas tank! What am I doing wrong? It has new oil and gas, spark plug in place; grass was not too high, so overheating should not be the issue. I do not feel I put too much gas in the tank as it worked fine for a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-12, 07:42 PM
Hello mandersaceves,

When I tried to restart it gas spewed out of the gas tank

Where on the gas tank did the gas come from ? Out of the top or sides of the cap ?

Old 03-26-12, 04:04 PM
out of the top. The cap has a hole on the top of the lid.

Old 03-26-12, 07:12 PM
Without engine model numbers posted I have no way to look your engine up and see the gas cap, Sounds like that's your issue. The hole was plugged causing it not to vent properly and shut off, Then the blockage cleared and it's now sloshing fuel out.

There should be a type gasket/seal inside the cap to prevent this, There are a couple ways you can handle it. Take the machine back where you bought it and request another or take it to a warranty repair shop and let them check/replace the cap, Or just purchase a new cap.

Good Luck

Old 03-27-12, 06:13 PM
Thank you!

I was able to change the cap and the lawn mower worked without additional problems. Thank you VERY much for your help; it was greatly appreciated!!!

Search this Thread