Help ryobi Line trimmer overheating

Old 03-26-12, 01:39 PM
Help ryobi Line trimmer overheating

i Recently had my wipper snipper fixed took apart the engine and cleaned the intake and re tuned the carby fixed all the problems i had initially.
But then i opened the carby the bit next the the pump thing and there was a filter for the incoming petrol from the tank that little filter was full and the was the issue to it not working for all this time.
Anyway i used to cut and edge a few customers lawns and say it was used for around 15-25 minutes and then all of a sudden the machine wont start i tried on full choke giving it some gas and without gas and it wouldnt start i tried it on half choke and also 3\4 choke as it sometimes works for me but i had no luck. do i need to clean the carby again or is it a tunning/overheating issue?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-12, 09:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hard to say without having it to test it, but it sounds like it is developing an air leak. The plastic these cheaper units are made of warps and creates a vacuum leak when it gets hot sometimes.

Since it works for 15-25 minutes and I assume since you didn't say it has any problems until then that it runs fine before that, then the carb should be ok. You might try loosening the gas cap when it gives problems and see if it will run. Does it have spark when it dies? Does the primer pump up?