Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

grrrrr...6 h/p carbuerator issues.

PA

03-31-12, 05:59 PM   #1  
grrrrr...6 h/p carbuerator issues.

Been trying to get a 6 hp pressure washer going at first there was no flow from the bowl to the carb.cleaned and reassembled and now fuel is flowing out of the carb.I didnt see any gaskets or O rings when I dropped the bowl.The pin by the float was kinda gunked up, I cleaned and replaced it.Any thoughts on what I may have lost or forgot?

Sponsored Links

MO

03-31-12, 06:04 PM   #2  
Yep, I have the solution, first, how long is a rope. Have a good one. Geo

FL

03-31-12, 06:23 PM   #3  
Tisk tisk Mr. Geo.....

Hello GVEDDER,

If you didn't remove the carb from the engine before dropping the bowl the float has the tendency to drop and let the float needle drop out of it's port, Without it the fuel will run straight on through the carb.

Can you post up ALL engine model/spec/type numbers ?

PA

03-31-12, 06:43 PM   #4  
All numbers are worn or scuffed off.I tried to make sure the pi was seated properly,should I have manually lifted the float and pin up all the way before replacing the bowl cover?

IA

03-31-12, 06:48 PM   #5  
When the bowl was off you should lift the float up to seat the float valve to make sure it will shut off the fuel. Then put on the bowl, but don't jam it together, do it carefully. The valve apparently isn't seating.

FL

03-31-12, 06:55 PM   #6  
That may have helped if the float needle hadn't already dropped out, All I can do right now is assume this is a Tecumseh engine ?

If so you really need to remove the carb from the engine for proper disassembly and reassembly, Take a look at this pictured guide on proper cleaning and account for all your parts in case you did loose the float needle;

Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Tecumseh Carb 640017

PA

03-31-12, 07:16 PM   #7  
I think it says quantum but thats all I can make out.the link is very helpful thanks. The one I have has no primer bulb, and the pin is seated in a slot in the float (plastic) I seen no springs or O rings will get back to it tomorrow.Thank you so much, this is killing me.

MO

03-31-12, 07:25 PM   #8  
First, I apologize to GVEDDER and everyone, been one of those days, I don't repair mowers for a living, I get them out of the trash, fix them and give them away to those who can't afford to buy a mower. Someone showed up at my house today, with a mower stuck in the trunk of his car. I answered the door and was told,"You fix mowers, I need my mower fixed", when I said I don't fix mowers for people but asked what was wrong with it, I got, "If I knew(knowed)what (TF)was wrong with it I wouldn't be here".....sorry folks. Have a good one. Geo

MO

03-31-12, 07:41 PM   #9  
I think the quantum has the bowl nut as the main jet if it has set for a while and if the float pin was sticky the main jet is probably clogged, refer to the pic below. Clear all the holes bottom and center, you might get lucky and not need to remove the carb, if you must remove the carb be careful not to destroy the "O" ring on the intake tube, if it is damages you will have an air leak and will drive you crazy trying to find it. Have a good one. Geo

PA

03-31-12, 08:11 PM   #10  
Its all good no harm, we all have those kinda days.

FL

04-01-12, 04:59 AM   #11  
OK GVEDDER,

Here's the procedure for the Briggs carb, The float needle is not prone to dropping out of these plastic float carbs so you may want to just replace the float needle valve assembly, Spray carb cleaner on a Q-tip and clean the seat port area.

Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Briggs and Stratton / Walbro LMS Carb on Briggs Engine 125K02 0137

Good Luck

PA

04-01-12, 06:27 AM   #12  
Well I went back double checked everything, I even took my own pressure washer (very similar) apart to compare.Everything seems to be in order, the only difference is my gasket for the air filter mount is perfect while the repair job is a little frayed @ the edge.I cant figure out why the carburetor is filling with fuel.The pin seems to be seated well and the float travels well.

FL

04-01-12, 07:27 AM   #13  
Posted By: 31YTech you may want to just replace the float needle valve assembly, Spray carb cleaner on a Q-tip and clean the seat port area.

Perform the above if the carb continues to flood fuel out.....

PA

04-01-12, 03:25 PM   #14  
Well after putting my float and pin in and it still flooding out I've deducted that ..1 I have no place messing with that stuff....2 The port that the pin goes into must be warped or damaged.
I do want to thank everyone for all the input and advice, I definitely would have flipped out with your help and input I stayed sane.Thanks again.George.
If you need any lawn advice, hit me up...Thats my very strong point.

Search this Thread