Craftsman Weewacker won't start-Tried many of suggesttions in threads

Old 04-02-12, 05:17 PM
Craftsman Weewacker won't start-Tried many of suggestions in threads

I was using my weedwacker and all of a sudden it just shut off. It was the first time using it this season.
I replaced the spark plug, checked and cleaned the spark arrestor in the muffler, pulled the carb and cleaned with carb cleaner.
The fuel filter and fuel lines were replaced last year, so I can't see that being the issue but you never know.

What I have noticed is that when I prime the gas with the bulb there are bubbles in the line going back into the tank. I also don't think that the bulb is filling up with gas and it stays pushed in sometimes. As I pull to start I also noticed that some gas drips out the gas cap.
The part that was attached to the gas cap that keeps it hanging broke.

I think I have tried just about everything and I am thinking it has something to do with the air in the line but I am not sure how to correct that.

Any suggestions would be helpful (especially if you have experienced the same thing) otherwise it goes out with the trash.
I don't mind putting a couple of dollars in it to keep it going but only if it will work.
I bought an new one at Sears but I am not too happy with it, so it's going back.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by grod777; 04-02-12 at 06:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-12, 07:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Something is wrong with the carb or fuel lines/primer buld if you aren't getting fuel into the bulb. Was the primer replaced when the lines were?

Old 04-02-12, 07:31 PM
No I did not replace the bulb. What about it would be bad? When I took apart the carb it looked fine just dingy.

Old 04-02-12, 07:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The primer usually goes bad about the same time the lines do, and it gets a crack in it that allows air to pass and it doesn't prime. Check it closely and see... you may have to squeeze it from the sides to see if it is cracked anywhere.

Old 04-03-12, 05:17 AM
Maybe I will take it off and pour a couple of drops and see if it leaks out.
My eyes are not as good as they used to be.
If it does leak I will order a new set of lines , the bulb and the filter just to be safe.
Any other parts you might suggest to replace?

Thx.

Old 04-03-12, 05:28 AM
This blows.
I just checked Sears site and the bulb is included with the carb.
Do you know of a universal I could buy somewhere? I live in NYC.
thx

Old 04-03-12, 05:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Lol... figures they would show it as part of the carb. Any small engine shop should have them sitting on the shelf. There are a few different styles/sizes, so take your old one to be sure. If the primer is cracked but not enough to be obvious, it probably will hold gas if you take it off and pour gas into it. The leak happens under pressure/suction, or when the bulb is deformed while pressing it.

Search this Thread