Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Bilt snowblower

IN

04-05-12, 07:44 PM   #1  
Troy Bilt snowblower

Hi, I have a Troy Bilt Storm 2410 snowblower. I just purchased it before winter of 2011 began. I've used it about three times and now I need to store it for the summer. Can anyone please advise me on just HOW one empties the gas tank? I've tried a siphon but the hose does not go to the bottom of the tank. I have gotten some of the gas out but there is plenty left. I tried turning the snowblower sideways and upside down but, amazingly, nothing came out. I can tell by the sloshing of the liquid that there is still a good amount left. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can help me out with this problem. Many thanks,

Gary Delano

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

OH

04-05-12, 07:59 PM   #2  
For me, I mix in some stabilizer, then run it dry. My carb also has a bleeder on the bottom of the bowl, and I drain it also. Yours may be different.

No need to prep mine since I didn't need it at all this winter.

Woody

You can trust your car - and a whole lot more - to the man who wears a star.

IL

04-05-12, 10:26 PM   #3  
Would it be possible to simply remove the fuel line from the tank to the carb and drain it that way? Then after it all drained out you could start and run the engine to remove the fuel left in the carb.

NY

04-08-12, 04:27 PM   #4  
The troy built

Yes you can. I have done it that way. You can also loosen the carb bowl bottom nut and that will get the gas out of the bowl.
Sid

Search this Thread