Lubrication chart for Husqvara mower

Old 04-15-12, 12:14 PM
Lubrication chart for Husqvara mower

After 4 years of questionable mower service, decided to do educate myself and do work myself. See Lubrication Chart in manual and have found mandrel and spindle zerks but stymied by "steering sector gear teeth'. Checked Steering assembly page, found item, but do I have to unassemble whole steering plate to reach teeth? Once teeth are exposed, do you just run grease gun over teeth? Have googled with no luck, and Husqvarna website useless so have high hopes someone can advise me. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-12, 03:30 PM
Hello mowerwoes,

What's the model and serial number on your machine ?

You shouldn't have to put anything on the sector teeth, In fact it's best not to. Grease/oils will collect sand/dirt and form a type lapping compound then wear the teeth quicker.

Old 04-15-12, 05:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree, don't grease it!

Old 04-20-12, 09:07 AM
Husqvarna Riding Mower Lubrication Chart

Thank you both so much for the replies!

Model: YTH2348 (Product Nu 960 43 00-35)
Serial nu: 120600002172

Good to hear that I don't need to grease the 'teeth'...looking at assembly diagrams, and then looking at actual mower, disassembly is overwhelming to me. But why include on 'Lubrication Chart'?

Thanks again...

Old 04-20-12, 09:29 AM
But why include on 'Lubrication Chart'?

Hmmm.....Good question, Maybe if people do this they can sell more replacement parts ?

I've never seen grease on these sector gears even on NEW units right out of the crate.....

Old 04-20-12, 08:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've never seen grease on these sector gears even on NEW units right out of the crate....
Me neither. I have seen one or two with grease that people glopped on them, and like you said, it was caked up with dust, dirt, grass clippings, and whatever got near enough to stick to the grease. Can't be good for it IMO.