Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda HR 214 push mower

KY

05-01-12, 06:51 PM   #1  
Honda HR 214 push mower

Can't get needle valve to seat. Main question is does this mower suppose to have rubber needle valve seat? I have cleaned seat 2 times, have used grinding compound on Q-tip and used a drill bit and turned it backwards. Also bought a new needle valve. Float is good if it is proper float. The solution seems to be a rubber seat but it didn't have one when I got mower. Thanks for any help. Bill

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-01-12, 10:37 PM   #2  
I believe it has a rubber tipped needle, right? If so, it should have a brass seat. Grinding compound is much too abrasive on the seat, and it may have caused problems. Try some rubbing compound on the q-tip in the drill to polish it up and see if that helps. You can buy rubbing compound in the car wax department of most stores.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

KY

05-07-12, 03:35 AM   #3  
hr 214

Mr. Cheese,
Thanks very much for info on rubbing compound. I used it to clean seat and so far the needle valve is seating. Thanks again for taking the time to help. Interesting name. Bill

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-07-12, 10:15 AM   #4  
Great! Glad to help. The name is a nickname I picked up back when I worked at the local Dodge dealership.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread