Poulan Pro Chainsaw won't idle

Old 05-25-12, 07:20 PM
Poulan Pro Chainsaw won't idle

I have a Poulan PP3516AVX 35 cc chainsaw. It was purchased in 08 and has less than 12 hours on it. It starts fine runs full speed on half choke after it starts. I let it warm up but when you kick it down to use it the saw won't idle. You have to stay on he trigger and torque it every few seconds to keep it running.

I've changed the fuel and plug. The plug that was in it wasn't fouled. The air cleaner isn't even dirty enough to bother cleaning. Tonight I tried adjusting the idle set screw. The only way to get it to idle is to turn it in enough that the chain is moving. As soon as you back it down enough to stop the chain it'll run for about 5 to 10 seconds and die again.

Any ideas? I've read through some of the related threads but can't seem to find anything exactly like this problem.

Thanks.....

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-12, 07:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Back out the low speed mixture screw 1/8 turn or so. It's the one of two screws side by side that is closest to the engine side of the carb.

Old 05-26-12, 07:53 PM
Thanks for your reply - really appreciate it. I ended up deciding to check the fuel filter too and found the problem - all the fuel lines were falling apart. Ended up breaking it down - removing the carb and replacing the lines. A few adjustments after putting it back together and we are back in business. Ethanol has ruined more engines that I can probably imagine...