Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

New pump for Troy-bilt Pressure Washer 020209?

OH

05-27-12, 08:01 AM   #1  
New pump for Troy-bilt Pressure Washer 020209?

I have a Troy-bilt Pressure Washer 020209 that the pump has been an endless source of problems and I want to replacement. The direct replacement pump sells for $300-$400, which is about the cost of a new one. Plus, I have little faith in the pump manufacturer. Are pumps universal? Can someone suggest another? Below is a link to the parts explosion.

Troy-bilt pressure washer model 020209 replacement parts, pump breakdown, repair kits, owners manual and upgrade pump

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

FL

05-27-12, 01:54 PM   #2  
Hello BlackOnBlack,

Can you post your engine model numbers AND the crankshaft diameter ?

Does the engine run OK and have plenty life still in it or has it been run hard ?

NJ

05-29-12, 03:44 AM   #3  
A friend gave me his Trybolt pressure washer 020208 last year. He claimed it had lost pressure. I was going to get a pump with the same pressure and gpm rating. Then I noticed he had given me only one nozzle - the white one. The white nozzle is for rinsing. I put my wand assy on the troybilt and it worked perfectly with plenty of pressure. I then ordered a new set of nozzles. The point of all this is make sure the problem with the pump is not a bad nozzle.

Search this Thread