Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

best mulching blades for a 03 jd L110

CT

06-07-12, 12:42 PM   #1  
best mulching blades for a 03 jd L110

looking for a nice set of mulching blades. are the predator blades any good? seem to be mixed reviews.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-07-12, 05:26 PM   #2  
Never used them. I've used gator blades, and they work okay, but I prefer original equipment blades. Think about it, who has more time and money in research and who knows better which blades will work the best? The mower manufacturer, or some aftermarket company? OEM or OEM style at least usually seems to work best for all around use.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

AL

06-09-12, 04:18 PM   #3  
Right On---Cheese!! I have tried "mulching blades" and have discovered exactly what you stated.
I tried Gator blades---now how does this type blade mulch? I can see no way that the "notched fin" can cut grass!
I also tried the "high lift" blades.
I preformed the test by making a single pass across my yard with bagger system installed, and then inspected the clippings.
I will be using the Original Equipment Blades all season.
I might add that I adjust my mower deck so that the front edge is app. 1/2" higher then the rear. My theory is that the blades cut the grass 1/2" shorter on the trailing edge of the deck.
I posted this earlier and some disagreed and that is OK with me--I just know what works for me and my machines.

CT

06-16-12, 07:06 AM   #4  
blades

can you tell me the part # for oe john deere mulch blades?
thanks

Forum Topic Moderator

OH

06-16-12, 08:57 AM   #5  
It appears that GX20249B is the part number for standard blades and GX20249C is for the mulching blade.

This site may help you.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Search this Thread