Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper Mower REACT Drive Control System

GA

06-14-12, 08:58 AM   #1  
Snapper Mower REACT Drive Control System

Good Morning,

I have a Snapper mower with the REACT Drive Control System that automatically adjusts self propulsion speed based on how hard you push the mower. Ive encountered an interesting issue that I need help troubleshooting and have a feeling this is an easy ID/fix based on the symptom; just not sure what it is. I'd certainly like to avoid taking it in for service if possible.

The mower starts fine with a single pull. It also idles fine and continues to run/cut perfectly if pulled backward with the mower behind me. However, the second I try to push the mower in a forward direction normally (and by doing so, activating the REACT feature using the handles) the engine immediately cuts off. It will start again immediately with a single pull and behave exactly as before until I try to push the mower forward again.

Any ideas on whats causing this or how to correct? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-14-12, 09:59 AM   #2  
Sounds like the engine shut-off cable on the handle is barely working, and the forward movement of the handle is just enough to let it contact the kill switch.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

GA

06-14-12, 12:27 PM   #3  
Is that something I can adjust?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-14-12, 12:42 PM   #4  
They aren't adjustable. You can unhook the end at the handlebar and tie a knot in the cable and reconnect it to make it pull better.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread